December 18, 2005

Colts Upended, Delhomme's Dirty Secret, and Hawks on the Rise

Here's what I'm thinking about on this Sunday night in December:

-The Colts lost today, ending their shot at an undefeated season. I don't know about you, but this development affects my pulse about as much as would watching a dollop of margarine plummet from the kitchen counter onto the floor. If I wasn't so burned out on the NFL season at this point (likely having something to do with the fact that both of my fantasy football teams' seasons have ended prematurely), I'd probably be thrilled -- I'm fed up with having this Colts dream season story shoved all up in my grill. Now that it's over, we can focus on more important NFL matters, such as...

-I read in SI this week that Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has stank breath. And it must be really stank, because it came up in an item that had absolutely nothing to do with hygiene or anything of that nature. I'm sorry, but I find this somewhat inexcusable on Delhomme's part. If a key part of your job description is barking out orders to a group of teammates in close quarters (a huddle), you can't be leaning down in there reeking of strange Dutch cheeses. It's just a consideration thing.

-On the NBA front, when we last spoke I said I thought
Ron Artest wasn't going anywhere, and lo and behold he has since rescinded his trade request, saying he wants to stay with the Pacers. But apparently they have no interest in having him back. I'm now starting to think that there's at least a small chance we've seen Ron Ron's last game this year. The Pacers plan to deactivate him the rest of the year if they can't trade him. And despite all the trade talk, I don't believe that anything's close to happening.

-I'm not ready to smash open a meat-filled pinata in celebration just yet, but the Hawks are starting to show signs of being a reasonably decent basketball team. Their win over the Nuggets today was their fourth in the last five games. On a semi-related note, I'm starting to wonder if the Spurs, whom the Hawks recently beat, are really all that. Today the defending NBA champs lost to the Hornets. Either that team's not very motivated right now, or it's not as great as we've made it out to be.

-I was unable to stick around on the site long enough to listen, because frankly it was some of the most rank garbage I've ever heard, but I'll go ahead and tell you anyways that Macho Man Randy Savage has a CD. I think I'd honestly rather listen to a porpoise giving birth. Just dreadful.

-In closing, remember Shawn Kemp the way he once was? Perhaps you should reacquaint yourself.

2 Comments:

Blogger jimmyrad said...

I was really hoping the end of that Kemp video would be a 10-second short from a home video of a current 340lb Kemp eating donuts and smoking a cigarette while rolling a blunt.

Oh, well. The video brought back some good memories for a guy that has given us a lot of reasons to forget them.

6:53 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger The OCC said...

I would pay almost anything to see that footage you proposed. By "almost anything," I mean "about 15 dollars."

10:59 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home