January 15, 2008

Do My (Red) Eyes Deceive Me? (Part II)


















More fallout from the delirious overnight flight from Salt Lake City on which I spotted former NBA point guard Jay Williams and (most likely incorrectly) speculated that he might be coming to NY to work out for the Knicks:

I just had a recollection that during the cab ride home from the airport, I heard a radio report saying that Mary J. Blige, Timbaland, 50 Cent and Wyclef Jean were implicated in a steroid probe.

I probably just hallucinated that, right?

Apparently not. Rather confused as to why any of these entertainers would dig the long ball. But who the hell knows. One thing I do know is that it's kind of funny to picture Wyclef stepping into the batter's box, muscling up on a hanging slider and hitting a prodigious, 440-foot drive. Would really give the old MTV Rock-Jock softball game a whole new meaning.

Wait a second, do they even play that Rock-Jock game anymore? I'm starting to think that maybe they haven't played it for a very long time. What year is this, anyway? And for that matter, where am I?

It may be time for a nap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has been a pet topic of mine (and Jim Gesue). If you think some of those jacked Hollywood actors and rappers are all natural, then you might also think that Barry Bonds came out of the womb with a size-9 head. You heard?

8:19 AM, January 21, 2008  
Anonymous Whitney D said...

Lovely poost

7:53 PM, June 02, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home