December 05, 2007

Nobody Beats the Wiz


















Even if you're not a Wizards fan, or a pro hoops fan, it may be time to start reading Dan Steinberg's D.C. Sports Blog. I have a feeling that if The OCC and Dan Steinberg were to meet, they would most likely find themselves to be kindred spirits.

Case in point: Steinberg seems to have a knack for and an interest in digging up inconsequential yet highly entertaining tidbits about the team he covers.

Just a sampling of the latest goods from a recent post:

DeShawn Stevenson buys deodorant in bulk from Costco. Why? "In case I lose one, so I won't be musty." Great word, musty. Terribly under-used. Makes me giggle just about every time I hear it.

There's also an exchange between Ukranian rookie forward Oleksiy Pecherov and Dominic McGuire about some recently purchased Dickies suits, during which rookie guard Nick Young was practicing his dance moves in the background -- a hilariously-documented exchange that you need to read.

Also of note, Caron Butler used to have (and may currently be recovering from) an intense addiction to Mountain Dew. Steinberg reports that Caron would ingest a two-liter bottle of the semi-toxic liquid before games until he was recently banned from doing so by the Wizards.

There's also mention that Nick Young has an outrageously good nickname, a handle so unique (and presumably so offensive) that his teammates couldn't share it.

Put me down as "Desperate to find out what this nickname is at all costs."

Also put me down as "Likely to test out the effects of chugging a two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew prior to my next time playing hoops."

Thank you, Dan Steinberg. Thank you, D.C. Sports Blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cock tease you just pulled with that nickname bit...

Me = Curious.

9:40 PM, December 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the meantime, you can always just call your friend Dan Steinberg and talk to him about urban planning and underground hip hop. Maybe he knows what Nick Young's nickname is, but I doubt it.

12:09 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger The OCC said...

I had a lengthy debate with myself as to whether or not to mention the "other" Dan Steinberg in my post. Ultimately I decided that only about 8 people would know who I was talking about. Then again, they're probably the same 8 people who actually read this blog on a regular basis.

4:02 PM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, regular basis.
-JMals

3:47 PM, December 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home