October 21, 2005

Bird, The Snake, Liftoff and Leo

-Is it noble or just plain stupid to ask to have an additional three years tacked on to your 30-year prison sentence so that your time in jail can match Larry Bird's jersey number? I think I'd air on the side of "just plain stupid," but I think that's because I'm more afraid of spending one night in jail than just about anything else on the planet. It's kind of one of those funny things that you might do to impress your friends and then realize that it was a really poor idea the moment the laughter stopped.

-Jake the Snake shaved his 'stache, and some people are not happy about it.

-As if I didn't already dislike the Astros enough for a) beating the Braves, and b) being located in Texas, now there's the intolerable array of Houston/NASA headlines being ladled into our faces by what are supposed to be the industry leaders (and yes ESPN, not surprisingly I'm talking to you here, among others). Someone please shoot me with a sedated crossbow bolt -- I don't think I can take this anymore. Houston, We Have a World Series...Houston, We Have a Pennant...We Have Liftoff...Ready for Launch? I'm ready to vomit.

-Leo -- where's the loyalty? It wasn't supposed to end like this. Don't you have any competitive pride? Don't you want to try to bring another World Series title to ATL? Or are you just another guy who wants to go play with your friends at home? I've never said a bad thing about you in my entire life...until now. You sell-out. Yeah, that's right -- I said it. And don't come back either!

Acutally, on second thought...

4 Comments:

Blogger Prosnit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Prosnit said...

I couldn't pinpoint why I hated the 'stros so much. Then I was watching game 5 and saw a close up the stands right behind home plate --Barbara and George Bush.

Go ChiSox's (Saw Obama in the Bleachers)

11:06 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger jimmyrad said...

I love how NASA is Houston's calling card, but it's about as close to downtown as Stone Mountain is to ATL. But I guess when you've got a city that has taken the notion of "Urban Sprawl" as a challenge, that's what you get. FYI, the 3rd 8-lane "loop" highway won't be done for another few years.

I don't hate on Leo. I would if he went to the Yanks. Thank God for small favors. Apparently, this guy in Baltimore and Leo are about as tight as Siegfried and Roy. And according to leaging analyst John Kruk have always planned to coach together. Gaywads.

Go Astros.

3:56 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger The OCC said...

I'm still reeling from the Leo departure. Though it's tough to blame him considering he got a 3-year contract at $500,000 a year from BAL (apparently most coaches only get 1-year deals).

On second thought, I think I'll continue to blame him anyways.

The only thing about this situation I like: We'll finally find out how good Leo really is.

1:12 PM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home