July 30, 2005

So it Begins

If you were a frequent visitor to my previous site (www.instant-replays.com), you may have noticed one glaring problem. (And no, I'm not talking about the fact that I'm an unabashedly obnoxious Atlanta sports fan, often make completely wreckless predictions and have a tendency to tiptoe into the obscene or bizarre without much warning; as far as I'm concerned, those are strengths.) The main glaring problem with the old site was the inability to interact with you, the readers (I threw in an "s" there just in case there really are more than one of you out there). See, the old web host I used didn't allow for user comments, and this made for fairly one-sided conversation that was satisfying in its one-sidedness because I didn't have to deal so much with people disagreeing with me, but boring at the same time for that same reason.

Throughout my two years of posting on instant-replays, my closest advisor frequently spoke of this thing called "blogging." And I often (by "often," I mean "occasionally") fielded questions from readers who asked, "Is your website a website or a blog?" The answer, invariably, was that I didn't know. And for a long time, I didn't really care.

But now I get it. Like a man marooned in the desert wandering the sands in clothes made of burlap left only to drink the salty nectar from cactuses, my Internet sportswriting persona is in search of human contact. So if I make you laugh, make you think or, better yet, get you riled up about sports, take a figurative swing in my direction and let the discussion begin.

Oh, and by the way, please forgive the site's current appearance. I've been out in the desert for a long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger jimmyrad said...

you need a picture of me on this site for some much needed "star power."

4:51 PM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home